Another word for lingering. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. The mind–brain debate is not about to go away anytime soon, so in this column I will be keeping an eye on the dialogue between brain talkers and mind talkers and to keep exploring what the latest science has to teach us about our minds and our brains. This doesn't mean that only 16% of all these complaints had a physical cause and the other 84% had a psychosomatic cause; rather, it means that 84% of the symptoms had no known physical cause. Definition of "She is lingering in my mind" it can or you can just be super in love with her |or you just care deeply about this person English (US) French (France) German Italian Japanese Korean Polish Portuguese (Brazil) Portuguese (Portugal) Russian Simplified Chinese (China) Spanish (Mexico) Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) Turkish Vietnamese Lingering beneath the surface, the mentality is what the world sees on the outside. I have this lingering question on my mind. linger around phrase. Learn more. Supported by funding from the Mind & Life Institute, and with the help of colleagues at Emory University, I started to test which brain areas were related to meditation.We asked meditators to focus on their breath while we scanned their brains: whenever they realized their minds had been wandering, they’d press a button. What is the meaning of being "in love"? ... All the students were lingering around, waiting until the last minute to go into the building. I believe that being in love means you would do almost anything for the one you love. Synonyms: residual, leftover, remaining… Antonyms: abating, dying (down), ebbing… on your mind, on the other hand, may imply "busyness", "thinking a lot" e.t.c - which may mean "worry about" or " to have something to say" or something else as a "result" I have a lot on my mind at the moment Find more ways to say lingering, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Open-minded is an … See also: around, linger. Open-Minded Synonyms. Definition and synonyms of linger from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. A person’s mentality often shows up in the physical world in the form of body language or attitude. lingering definition: 1. lasting a long time: 2. lasting a long time: . Linger definition, to remain or stay on in a place longer than is usual or expected, as if from reluctance to leave: We lingered awhile after the party. I believe that being in love is a calm comforting feeling that you feel for that one special person. What does linger around expression mean? ‘Even after my mom had finished baking cookies, the smell still lingered in the air when we walked inside.’ ‘Leaves had turned black, and an acrid smell lingered in the air.’ ‘Questions lingered in my mind, but I was hesitant to ask them.’ ‘The scent lingering in the … It is constant, not intermittent. See more. Lingering: still existing or happening after something is completed or removed. Definition of linger around in the Idioms Dictionary. This is the British English definition of linger.View American English definition of linger.. Change your default dictionary to American English.